Two people sit closely together on a park bench, smiling and looking into the distance. One wears a light shirt and has short curly hair, and the other wears a pink cardigan and has short blonde hair. Tall trees sway gently under the light blue sky above. They recently discussed their future plans with Lancaster Immigration Lawyers.

Lancaster County LGBTQ Immigration Lawyers

Whether you’re seeking asylum in the United States due to fear of persecution over your sexual orientation or are looking to marry a foreign national spouse as a member of the LGBTQ community, our immigration lawyers are here to help. Contact Lupton Law LLC today.

LGBTQ Family Immigration Lawyers | Representing Clients in Pennsylvania

Though same-sex marriage has long been legal in the United States, members of the LGBTQ community may face unique challenges when faced with immigration-related matters. Fortunately, if you’re reading this, you’ve come to the right place. Our Lancaster immigration lawyers are here to assist you through each phase of your legal issue.

Can I Obtain a Fiancé(e) Visa for My Same-Sex Spouse?

Yes, you can obtain a fiancé visa for your same-sex spouse. Following the landmark Supreme Court decision that legalized same-sex marriage across the United States, the federal government recognizes same-sex marriages for immigration purposes. This means that if you are a U.S. citizen engaged to a foreign national of the same sex, you are eligible to apply for a K-1 visa, commonly known as a fiancé visa. The K-1 visa process involves several steps, which are as follows:

  • Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) (Form I-129F): You, as the U.S. citizen, must first file this form with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You’ll need to prove that your relationship is genuine and that you intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States.
  • Documentation: Along with the petition, you’ll need to provide evidence of your relationship, including photographs, correspondence, and any other proof that your relationship is bona fide.
  • Interview: Once the petition is approved, your fiancé(e) will be required to attend an interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate in their home country. They will need to pass medical examinations and provide additional documentation, including proof of financial support.
  • Visa Issuance: If the interview is successful, the K-1 visa will be issued, allowing your fiancé(e) to travel to the United States.

It’s important to marry within the 90-day period after your fiancé(e) arrives in the U.S. Following the marriage, your spouse can apply for adjustment of status to become a lawful permanent resident (green card holder).

Asylum for Members of the LGBTQ Community

Do you fear returning to your country of origin because you could be harmed on account of your sexual orientation or gender identity? You may be eligible for asylum or other protection under U.S. immigration law.

Our LGBTQ immigration lawyers realize that even talking to a stranger about these sensitive issues may seem daunting. But if you are brave enough to try, we will listen with attention and compassion. We are committed to helping you navigate the asylum process with dignity, and we will work with you to present the details of your particular case to asylum officers or an immigration judge as effectively as possible.

Contact Our LGBTQ Family Immigration Lawyers Today

Here at Lupton Law LLC, we take pride in helping members of the LGTBQ community obtain safety and citizenship here in the United States. Contact us today for a free consultation about your situation and how we might help you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Website Designed & Managed by