A close-up of a U.S. flag partially covering documents including a Social Security card, a Permanent Resident Card, and a letter from the Department of Homeland Security. The Permanent Resident Card shows the name

Work Visa Lawyers

For many, living and working here in the United States is not only a goal, but a dream. If you’re currently seeking a work visa in any capacity, Lupton Law LLC stands ready to assist. Contact our dedicated Lancaster County work visa lawyers today so we can get started working on your case.

Work Visa Lawyers | Here to Help You Achieve Your American Dream

For decades, Lupton Law LLC has guided clients through all types of immigration-related issues, including obtaining work visas. If you’re seeking a work visa, whether temporary or permanent, you can have confidence in your decision to turn to our Lancaster immigration lawyers for guidance.

E Visas

The E Visa category is designed for business owners, managers, and employees who need to stay in the United States for substantial trade between the United States and a treaty country (E-1) or to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which they have invested a significant amount of capital (E-2).

  • E-1 Treaty Trader Visa: The E-1 visa is available to individuals engaged in substantial international trade between the United States and their home country. This includes the exchange of goods, services, and technology. To qualify, trade must be principally between the U.S. and the treaty country, with the visa applicant or their company of the same nationality as the treaty country.
  • E-2 Treaty Investor Visa: The E-2 visa is suitable for investors who have made or are in the process of making a significant investment in a U.S. business. The applicant must demonstrate that they will develop and direct the business operations. This visa requires that the investment is substantial and at risk, with the aim of generating profit.

EB Visas

The Employment-Based (EB) visa categories allow for permanent residency for professionals, skilled workers, and others contributing to the U.S. economy through their employment.

  • EB-1: Priority Workers: This category includes individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics; outstanding professors and researchers; and multinational managers or executives.
  • EB-2: Professionals With Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability: Applicants in this category must hold advanced degrees or demonstrate exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business.
  • EB-3: Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers: This category is for skilled workers with at least two years of job experience, professionals with a U.S. baccalaureate degree or foreign equivalent, and other workers for unskilled labor that is not temporary or seasonal.
  • EB-4: Special Immigrants: Includes various subgroups such as religious workers, employees of U.S. foreign service posts, retired employees of international organizations, alien minors who are wards of courts in the United States, and others.
  • EB-5: Immigrant Investors: This visa is for investors who invest a significant amount of capital in a new commercial enterprise in the United States that creates jobs.

H Visas

The H visa category is for temporary workers in a specific occupation or field.

  • H-1B: Specialty Occupations: This visa is for workers in occupations requiring highly specialized knowledge and at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the specific specialty.
  • H-2A: Temporary Agricultural Workers: For temporary or seasonal agricultural work. Limited to citizens or nationals of designated countries, with exceptions.
  • H-2B: Temporary Non-agricultural Workers: For non-agricultural positions that are temporary or seasonal in nature, where there is a shortage of U.S. workers.
  • H-3: Trainees or Special Education Exchange Visitors: For individuals coming temporarily to receive training, other than graduate medical education or training, or to participate in a special education exchange visitor program for children with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities.

TN Visas

The TN visa category is based on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which allows citizens of Canada and Mexico to work in the United States in prearranged business activities for U.S. or foreign employers.

  • TN-1 Visas for Canadians: Canadians can apply for TN-1 status at a U.S. port of entry with proof of citizenship, a job offer letter from a U.S. employer in a qualifying profession, and credentials demonstrating professional qualifications.
  • TN-2 Visas for Mexicans: Mexican citizens must obtain a TN-2 visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate before entering the U.S. Similar to the TN-1, applicants must have a job offer in a qualifying profession and meet the professional requirements.

Additional Work Visas

In addition to the primary categories of work visas such as E, EB, H, and TN visas, the United States offers a variety of other work visas tailored to specific occupations, abilities, and situations. Below are brief descriptions of some of these additional visa categories:

  • R Visas: For religious workers coming to the United States to work in a religious capacity. Applicants must be sponsored by a non-profit religious organization in the U.S. This visa accommodates ministers, priests, nuns, monks, religious instructors, and other key religious positions.
  • O Visas: Intended for individuals with extraordinary ability or achievement in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who have demonstrated a record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and have been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements. The O visa is divided into several subcategories, including O-1A, O-1B, O-2, and O-3, to accommodate the applicant’s support staff and family.
  • L Visas: Designed for intra-company transferees who work for a multinational company and are being temporarily transferred to a U.S. office. This includes managers, executives (L-1A), or employees with specialized knowledge (L-1B).
  • P Visas: For athletes, artists, and entertainers who wish to perform or compete in the United States, individually or as part of a group. This category includes P-1 visas for athletes and entertainers, P-2 visas for artists or entertainers participating in reciprocal exchange programs, and P-3 visas for artists or entertainers coming to perform, teach, or coach in culturally unique programs.
  • Q Visas: This visa is for participants in international cultural exchange programs designed to provide practical training, employment, and the sharing of the history, culture, and traditions of the participant’s home country.

Work Permits

Would you like to find out if you are eligible for work authorization in the United States? Applicants for certain immigration benefits, such as asylum, U-Visas, and Green Cards, may qualify for work permits while they wait for their petitions to be processed. Other immigrant and non-immigrant visa categories have specific rules about who may work, how to apply for work authorization, and how to renew a work permit. Let us help you navigate the details of this complex system.

Contact Our Pennsylvania Work Visa Lawyers Today

Don’t go through the work visa process alone–contact the dedicated Lancaster County work visa lawyers here at Lupton Law LLC today. We are here to help you, every step of the way.

Website Designed & Managed by